PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Z Nationals Feedback Thread. We want your opinion!

russell@z1
10-07-2013, 01:36 PM
If you attended the 2013 Z Nationals we need your feedback so we can make the 10th annual 2014 Z Nationals the best yet.

Please let us know what you liked about the event and what you disliked. Tell us what went smoothly and what you think needs to be improved. What should we add to the event and what should we take away? Your suggestions are appreciated.

J Taylor
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Other than waiting in line for an hour to get in I had a great time. The staff was all super friendly and helpful. I was in my tt this year but would like to bring my rb 280z next year and get in on the dyno action!

Jon

98turbo
10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed everything. I would like to see more show classes. Maybe alternate from the road track to the dragstrip. You guys did a fantastic job regardless. I can't wait to return next year.

pr409
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Everything was fine, except the waiting in line.

Ace2495
10-07-2013, 07:08 PM
i didnt go but i wish yall would have had a live broadcast again. i would have enjoyed watching the dyno cam, but i am probably the only one with that request.

Barry(TN)
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
That line to get into the event was brutal!

There are many people that arrive in town on Friday. Perhaps some sort of early entry/staging could be arranged.

cjack3
10-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Didn't make it this year I'm sad to say but I was there last year and you guys put on a 5 Star event. The only problem I see you guys might have is Znats gets bigger and bigger every year with more and more cars every year, you might have to find a bigger venue?

Andy
10-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Had a great time again. A couple of good suggestions already with maybe allowing some cars in on Friday evening , that line was brutal. I don't think all the cars got in until after 12 noon. If you guys keep growing like you have you may have to split the shows up.......I did notice the 1st couple of generation of the Z's were not on the shirt? Intentional? More classes for all models I do agree with.........lot's of real nice customers cars that have not had $50K invested in them just waste their money paying for the car show. I don't think another $500-$1000 invested in trophy's is going to make or break the show .... might even get more interest.

Piranha
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I thought the event was well organized and a great time... so I wouldn't change anything :burnone:

INSANEREINDEER
10-07-2013, 11:25 PM
The line was pretty bad getting in and I was in the middle and it still took a while. I think Z1 in the next few years isn't going to be big enough to hold all the cars that will be arriving.

rheltney
10-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Great event. The long wait to get in is a sign of a successful event. The most frustration was the wait, especially those that picked up their packets on Friday at Z1. Would it be possible for one lane of the entrance be solely (for as long as needed) for those that did pick up their packets in advance? The lane closest to Villa Rica Hwy. Would seem to work. All others would have to pass by the entrance and get in the line. Might force more to pick up the packets and have their entry stickers put in the correct location so they could flow in smoothly. The way it is now, there is no advantage to registering and picking up the packets in advance.

tmv
10-08-2013, 10:16 AM
How about checking in and putting on windshield sticker before the open time, while people are waiting in line, for pre-registered? That way we don't have to stop cars at the gate again, except those who has not registered.
Agree on more show class, such as "mild street modified"

zzzlow
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I had a great time. There is always a line to do things that are cool. I will say that everyone I met was friendly and helpful. Chuck took time out of his busy day to sell me some turbos, so I definitely appreciated that. I am definitely looking forward to going next year.

94ttz32
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
MOVVEEEEE track day. please those late night and early morings suck. ...If you move track day to friday then plan events for sunday ... visa versa.. I had a good time

91dubbed
10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
This was my first Znationals and I felt that it was a great event. I stayed at the Hampton and made it a note to arrive early on Friday. I was one of the first few z32's to roll in sat morning so the wait didn't bother me. I would suggest and exhaust note competition, have those who want to enter sign up during registration and give away a prize of your choice for the winner. That would be another event to keep people engaged throughout the day. Judging could be done by z1, pull up, rev a few times and back to your spot.

I enjoyed myself thoroughly and plan on being there for 2014.

98turbo
10-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Lol^^^ Exhaust note competition. You should also do a HID competition.

ae300z
10-08-2013, 11:46 PM
The whole event was great. I really enjoyed the track event

hcarrickz3
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Hats off to all the people @ Z 1 motorsports for a great event. I would like to see a change in the opening of the gates, Maybe to the ones that have preregistered being able to go on in, sending others to line up.

Lazyboy
10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
First off, Thank you all at Z1 motorsports! This year was great like all the others. I met great new friends ate good food and bought good parts for my car and even won a few things. I had a blast.

There is one thing that I think you have been over looking for far to long. There are only two classes for the Z32 car show stock or modified. I have been at the last four Z Nationals and every year there are less and less stock cars. They are tons of mildly modified cars and a few highly modified cars. I think adding another class in it car show would make the show more fun and competitive for more of us. It is ridiculous to compete with 8 mods against someone who has a 40k build. I think a 3 or 4 tear system would be better for the show and also arranging them as such in the parking. I think it would take limited effort on Z1's part to do this and I think many would agree to this system.

Stock: 3 or less

Mild:4 to 15

Modified: 15+

or something like this

Quicker entry and exhaust quality comp would be great too. :)

98turbo
10-11-2013, 12:12 AM
I meant to ask you guys this at the show, but what mods are considered when judging 3 or less? I'm assuming suspension and brakes don't count as they aren't "body" modifications? Just wondering...

91300ZXTT-SILVER
10-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Keep a row for the Z32s by the DJ booth, keep up the great prizes and the great event. I will miss this for the next couple of years. If you have not been to one you must go.

98turbo
10-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Where are all the pictures that Z1 took? Like from the dinner and awards banquet and such?

russell@z1
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
We plan to start posting images to the Z Nationals FB page and the Z1 image gallery this week.

Johnny Sombrero
10-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I'd move it back towards Columbus Day. Its a rough day if you're trying to get back by Monday for work and you're trying to do the track event. That extra day off would be appreciated by many for travel reasons.

tmv
10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
We plan to start posting images to the Z Nationals FB page and the Z1 image gallery this week.

Still no show pics

hcarrickz3
10-31-2013, 08:26 PM
:bart:Wheres the pictures from the awards dinner & car show??????????

Z man 93"
10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
I would add another class to all of the z cars. A mildly modded class would be great. I would also like to see the gifts that are raffled off at the show done earlier. Make a dead line for the tickets to be entered into those boxes and have a set time to get them raffled off. Example: All entries by 1 and the drawing at 2. That would give the guys that aren't staying for the dinner a little extra time getting back home and would give the guys that are staying for the dinner a little rest time before the night festivities! But all in all was a fantastic show like always!

Piranha
11-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Have you guys thought about making it a week long event?

98turbo
11-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Ok, are you guys gonna post the pics or what?

tmv
11-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Someone is slacking off. Still no pics or vids

The Devils Z
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd move it back towards Columbus Day. Its a rough day if you're trying to get back by Monday for work and you're trying to do the track event. That extra day off would be appreciated by many for travel reasons.

this is a good idea !! could be the standard going forward ???