300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums)

300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums) (https://www.300zxClub.com/index.php)
-   ZCON (https://www.300zxClub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   ZCON Branson 2019 (https://www.300zxClub.com/showthread.php?t=231020)

NapoleonZheKing 03-06-2019 01:20 PM

ZCON Branson 2019

Don't see a post about it yet. Anyone going? I might drive up on Fri / Sat in my Xterra. 90% chance not in Z.

TnkrsToyCo 03-07-2019 10:44 AM

Re: ZCON Branson 2019

May go and stay at my house in Harrison (if it hasn't sold by then).

Twisted Six 03-07-2019 01:18 PM

for what they did to the prices, I doubt I'll be going....unless Steve still has his house in Harrison.... :D

Marty1Mc 03-07-2019 09:07 PM

^What happened to the prices??? Looks like I'll be going to Zdayz...

Twisted Six 03-07-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty1Mc (Post 2515176)
^What happened to the prices??? Looks like I'll be going to Zdayz...

To start: hotel rooms went from $55/night to $150/night.

Dan84300ZX 03-08-2019 11:28 AM

I think you are confusing ZCON with Branson Z Fest. My experience is that ZCON is premium priced and Branson Z Fest is bargain basement priced.
Two totally different events run by totally different people.
There is not a Branson Z Fest this year.

NapoleonZheKing 03-08-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan84300ZX (Post 2515178)
I think you are confusing ZCON with Branson Z Fest. My experience is that ZCON is premium priced and Branson Z Fest is bargain basement priced.
Two totally different events run by totally different people.
There is not a Branson Z Fest this year.

It's my understanding the events are somewhat "combined" this year since ZCON is in Branson.

Dan84300ZX 03-08-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapoleonZheKing (Post 2515180)
It's my understanding the events are somewhat "combined" this year since ZCON is in Branson.

Yes, they are combined. ZCON Branson is being hosted by Ozarks Z Club based in Springfield, MO. under the watchful eye of Z Car Clubs of America and Chris Karl.
Re. hotel prices, I have read that some are staying at the usual Branson Z Fest hotel.
Personally, I am staying off property.
BTW, both of the car shows will be indoors at the Branson Convention Center which adjoins the Hilton Hotel.

Greavous 03-08-2019 01:03 PM

Im sure you still wind up getting drunk as hell at night and then driving your car in the morning as if the motor vehicle laws in the state of Missouri dont apply to you.

Twisted Six 03-08-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapoleonZheKing (Post 2515180)

It's what they did to z-nationals this year....prices were atrocious. Seems anything that 'car clubs' get their fingers in get fuct up beyond recognition. I think I'll just take the year off and let zcon do their thing....and hopefully next year it'll be back to normal.

NapoleonZheKing 03-08-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Six (Post 2515188)
It's what they did to z-nationals this year....prices were atrocious. Seems anything that 'car clubs' get their fingers in get fuct up beyond recognition. I think I'll just take the year off and let zcon do their thing....and hopefully next year it'll be back to normal.

AZCC president volunteered us to help out some at Zcon, and asked for volunteers. I said "I volunteer to be the recovery vehicle in the X". He thought I was joking around and got all mad, it's a guarantee someone is gonna break down and need a tow & winch onto a trailer though!

Twisted Six 03-08-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapoleonZheKing (Post 2515189)
AZCC president volunteered us to help out some at Zcon, and asked for volunteers. I said "I volunteer to be the recovery vehicle in the X". He thought I was joking around and got all mad, it's a guarantee someone is gonna break down and need a tow & winch onto a trailer though!

Happens every year....my car left BZF08 on a trailer, Steve's got it @ BZF10.....its inevitable.....but yea...I just never got into the car club thing....it always ends up being some kind of dick swinging power struggle of who's the 'alpha', who's 'playing favorites' with shows, and so on....I just prefer to be the rogue and enjoy....

Dan84300ZX 03-09-2019 10:54 AM

I was closely tied to a Z Club then felt the need to part ways with them a few years back. I am now officially a G.D.I. -God Damn Independent- and enjoying the hell out of it.

Marty1Mc 03-09-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Six (Post 2515190)
Happens every year....my car left BZF08 on a trailer, Steve's got it @ BZF10.....its inevitable.....but yea...I just never got into the car club thing....it always ends up being some kind of dick swinging power struggle of who's the 'alpha', who's 'playing favorites' with shows, and so on....I just prefer to be the rogue and enjoy....

Me neither. The local Z club wants $35 to join. They give you a bunch of discounts at places that work on Z's (like I need or want that). Plus a monthly meeting at a restaurant for a dinner (not included in dues). I just don't see the benefit. I went to a few meetings 10 yrs ago, but never joined.

NapoleonZheKing 03-11-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Six (Post 2515190)

Hmm, we've never had any issues like that with ours. Maybe because we are small.

I might come up to Zcon and sleep in my roof top tent if I can find a place where i can sneak it for free, or a cheap camp ground.

slick666 03-11-2019 11:41 AM

I've found car clubs invaluable for buying selling cars and parts. CZOT does a good job taking your dues and putting those towards track days and group events as well as helping organize get togethers. There's really no drama as far as I can tell and that's how I like it. Austin hosted ZCon just a couple years back so I expect a few of the CZOT officers will be on hand to help and I'm planning on it as well. It's going to be the closest ZCon to Texas for a while so it may be a few years before I go again so im not so bothered about the price hikes.

Will also be at Zdayz as well, hope to see you all there.

Twisted Six 03-11-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapoleonZheKing (Post 2515207)
Maybe because we are small.

That's probably more along the lines... I'll go over it with you over a beer sometime....I don't see the need to dredge up the past in public.

Dan84300ZX 03-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick666 (Post 2515212)
I've found car clubs invaluable for buying selling cars and parts. CZOT does a good job taking your dues and putting those towards track days and group events as well as helping organize get togethers. There's really no drama as far as I can tell and that's how I like it. Austin hosted ZCon just a couple years back so I expect a few of the CZOT officers will be on hand to help and I'm planning on it as well. It's going to be the closest ZCon to Texas for a while so it may be a few years before I go again so im not so bothered about the price hikes.

Will also be at Zdayz as well, hope to see you all there.

ZCOT is exceptional. (Could be the Mad Mike Taylor influence.) :)

Bigblkturboz 04-28-2019 10:31 PM

Hay guys
Haven’t been on this site since I built by z 6 yrs ago. Had to create a new id because I never got a response to change old id password. Finally got a bug up my ass to go to brandson, Zcon. Prices do seem outrageous .
Any tips for a brandson green horn? I’m in mn. I know I’ll fill in my profile , relax gentlemen.
Any mn z owners heading down?
Thanks

Dan84300ZX 04-29-2019 11:02 AM

FYI. ZCON Branson is now offering a less expensive weekend option.
Also, the hotel used by Branson Z Fest the past few years is the "overflow" hotel, which should be substantially cheaper than the Hilton.
If you think the overflow hotel is too expensive, there are an estimated 100+ other hotels to choose from.

NapoleonZheKing 04-30-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan84300ZX (Post 2515625)
FYI. ZCON Branson is now offering a less expensive weekend option.
Also, the hotel used by Branson Z Fest the past few years is the "overflow" hotel, which should be substantially cheaper than the Hilton.
If you think the overflow hotel is too expensive, there are an estimated 100+ other hotels to choose from.

I saw that. very cool. If I go, I still won't be registering, still a lot for just the weekend. and I won't be getting a hotel. a Saturday day trip only, or I'll sleep in my roof top tent some where. :cheers:

Twisted Six 05-01-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapoleonZheKing (Post 2515637)
If I go, I still won't be registering, still a lot for just the weekend. and I won't be getting a hotel. a Saturday day trip only, or I'll sleep in my roof top tent some where. :cheers:

That's what I'll do if I go....I'll just make a day trip out of it and go home later that day since Branson is pretty local to me (2hrs away). Russell & the Z1 gang should be there, wouldn't mind seeing them all again....as well as everyone else....but no need to register or get a room.

alaNi 05-11-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Six (Post 2515654)
That's what I'll do if I go....I'll just make a day trip out of it and go home later that day since Branson is pretty local to me (2hrs away). Russell & the Z1 gang should be there, wouldn't mind seeing them all again....as well as everyone else....but no need to register or get a room.

Its not that expensive at the other hotel. No pickle running it = you should be there. Otherwise make it out to Kansas City for one of the midwrst z fests i have ran ;)

Twisted Six 05-14-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaNi (Post 2515713)
Its not that expensive at the other hotel. No pickle running it = you should be there. Otherwise make it out to Kansas City for one of the midwrst z fests i have ran ;)

I think Pickle is still involved to a limited degree this year.....but zcon has invaded for the most part this year, and they're doing most the dictating. Next year might be interesting to see what happens with it.

OleMissFan 05-26-2019 05:31 PM

I will be there Thursday evening later through Sunday morning. Hope to meet some of you members there.

FlawleZ 06-17-2019 01:05 AM

I'm trying to make it back this year. Curious how the roll race event will be setup. I'd like to see if any of the Z32s can hang with my Z31 :-P

NapoleonZheKing 06-17-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlawleZ (Post 2515980)
I'm trying to make it back this year. Curious how the roll race event will be setup. I'd like to see if any of the Z32s can hang with my Z31 :-P

You know they can't.... :drag:

FlawleZ 06-29-2019 01:22 AM

Met up with a few other San Antonio Z Sport members tonight at one of our local car meets. Turns out a couple of them are in fact making the trip up for ZConFest this year. They're going the Friday before but I'm not going to leave until Wednesday or MAYBE Tuesday at the earliest so I'm still hopeful to find others willing to caravan up there.

NapoleonZheKing 07-01-2019 10:06 AM

I'm going up thursday after work. Most likely without my Z.

OleMissFan 07-18-2019 08:46 PM

odd, I am here but I'm surprised at the turn out though I just got here I've only seen 4 z and they were z34 models