300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums)

300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums) (https://www.300zxClub.com/index.php)
-   Z Nationals (https://www.300zxClub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   should i enter my car? (https://www.300zxClub.com/showthread.php?t=151156)

KasbeKZ 03-29-2009 12:54 AM

should i enter my car?

in my experience with car shows so far, it's just been about everyone getting their car out there and meeting people and talking about the cars, no matter what stage they were in. looking at the vids and pics from past znationals though, it doesn't look like there are any less than perfect cars out there! my car is far from perfect. it's a stock N/A with a pretty crappy paint job, cheap seats, plain interior, and plenty of flaws. i definitely put all my effort into mechanical things on it. so my question is, from you all who have been there, should i enter my car, or just park it and spectate? it really doesn't matter to me either way.

AZ-ZBum 03-29-2009 01:11 AM

Re: should i enter my car?

You should fill out your profile in accordance with this forums rules.

KasbeKZ 03-29-2009 09:51 AM

ami in compliance now?

Z_wrecker 03-29-2009 09:55 AM

nope...you are still missing your location, and the vehicle info.

drewbagd 03-29-2009 11:23 AM

I say give it a good detail and enter it. Most people there will look at your mechanical work with as much or greater respect than the interior.

Plus, fixing up the interior isnt expensive nor difficult. A bottle of half purple power and half warm water will do wonders for cleaning the cloth parts and some leather conditioning cream will make it look like new. Check the classifieds to replace any missing or broken parts, people usually give that stuff away pretty cheaply.

Good luck, post some before and after cleaning pictures too maybe.

z32dett 03-29-2009 02:24 PM

ofcourse you should enter your car, everyone should enter their car thats going, the point is to just let your car out there so people can see it, and some people may like it, some people may not, but its not about that, its about just being able to have a good time and enjoy the show to its full effect.

im working on firing up my z by zcon and it will be different colors, probably one seat, and i dont have the slightest about the hood yet..lmao...but if its running it will be there ;)

KasbeKZ 03-29-2009 03:43 PM

thanks much guys. that's what i was expecting to hear, i just wanted to check before i pissed anyone there off.

AZ-ZBum 03-29-2009 04:09 PM

You wouldn't piss anyone off as long as you aren't being a douchenozzle. It's all about the love of the car.

You still are missing the city you live in and the year of your car from your profile.

KasbeKZ 03-29-2009 09:40 PM

i looked and they were there.

i guess i'll be seeing a lot of you there!

Roundabout136 03-29-2009 09:44 PM

What part of Va are you in KasbekZ?

AZ-ZBum 03-30-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ (Post 1669846)
i looked and they were there.

i guess i'll be seeing a lot of you there!

Really? Because I'm looking and not seeing them.

Quote:

KasbeKZ

Make/Model: non-turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Nope. No city.
Nope. No year.

se7en_ 03-30-2009 01:49 AM

I bet it's a 1985 automatic.

KasbeKZ 03-30-2009 09:05 AM

well, i went to my profile and saw 1990 and norfolk both right there, along with virginia and Z32 and stuff. maybe i'm in the wrong place. i'll check again

anyway, i'm in norfolk Va. is there anyone close?

AZ-ZBum 03-30-2009 09:17 AM

Oh. You added it to your visitors messages area. Not the same place.

Use this link:
http://www.300zxclub.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

KasbeKZ 03-30-2009 10:31 AM

ok i found it. i was looking for specific blanks. i didn't notice that they doubled up.

Roundabout136 03-30-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ (Post 1670244)
well, i went to my profile and saw 1990 and norfolk both right there, along with virginia and Z32 and stuff. maybe i'm in the wrong place. i'll check again

anyway, i'm in norfolk Va. is there anyone close?

Yea, I go to school at ODU. Where you at?

KasbeKZ 03-30-2009 01:31 PM

are you kidding? i go to ODU too. i live in whitehurst. we should meet up. i don't think i've ever seen your car around. wait, is black emerald greenish? i've seen that one. that one's NICE. best stock N/A i've ever seen.

Roundabout136 03-30-2009 01:53 PM

Hahah yea man. I'm going to take a wild guess and say yours is the pearl yellow in the whitehurst lot.

I know some people in Powhatan, so i've walked past your z many times haha.

KasbeKZ 03-30-2009 02:01 PM

lol yeah that's me. that's crazy. it's not the factory yellow though. i doubt it's called pearl. how about this: the dirty yellow lol.

KasbeKZ 03-30-2009 04:36 PM

so, when registering, the qty slot is for how many cars right? then guests is for how many people? or is qty for if you'll have someone with you?

dc_snow_rules 04-21-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum (Post 1669267)
You should fill out your profile in accordance with this forums rules.

Dang i got a new name for you instead of az-bum it should read

"""Read the damn rules"""

your all over that. almost every forum ive read with a newb (including me) you kill them with that. I swear you got like a 6th sence with that.

Senorio

*Your asleep in bed and a newb post somthing on the site without filling out all the info.
You wake up in a panic and log onto the site and post "read the damn rules so I can sleep"

Jk....kinda. *no offense* Please don't kill me.

se7en_ 04-21-2009 08:08 PM

oh oh...you asked for it.....

dc_snow_rules 04-21-2009 08:36 PM

if your talking to me.... yea I know I did.

AZ-ZBum 04-21-2009 08:40 PM

lol. nah. it's all good.

malman2100 04-22-2009 02:28 AM

There are less than perfect cars there. Its just that when people take and post pictures they usually put up their favorites and the nicer cars. Most all of us started in a less than perfect place and most of us arent perfect yet....but we keep trying!

Bring your car down and meet some great people and get some ideas about what you want to do to your car/which direction you want to go. Youll have a blast and be glad that you came.

KasbeKZ 04-23-2009 07:08 PM

right on. i'm 99% positive i'll be there. pretty exited about it. i hope the caravan passes at a time i can make. that will be fun.

SVX92 04-27-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_snow_rules (Post 1688951)
Dang i got a new name for you instead of az-bum it should read

"""Read the damn rules"""

your all over that. almost every forum ive read with a newb (including me) you kill them with that. I swear you got like a 6th sence with that.

Senorio

*Your asleep in bed and a newb post somthing on the site without filling out all the info.
You wake up in a panic and log onto the site and post "read the damn rules so I can sleep"

Jk....kinda. *no offense* Please don't kill me.

I immediately thought of that family guy episode with the thermostat.

dc_snow_rules 04-28-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92 (Post 1693432)
I immediately thought of that family guy episode with the thermostat.

hahahaha. I just thought of that to. :rofl3:

Edgardog14 04-29-2009 05:59 PM

can someone email me the info for znationals for fall ive been wanting to take my z for a while my email is [email protected]

Edgardog14 04-29-2009 06:37 PM

nevermind guys found it thanks