View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Z32C

Make/Model: 3Verts....2 automatics a '93 and a '94, lightly modified, and a '94 5speed for parts.
Trader Rating: (5)
Garage
Re: my Zcon Experience!!!

Don't be upset by his joke, it could have been worse...death threats in front of your wife and kids!

I judged Mad Mikes one of a kind 350Z in the convention show in Cleveland, the next morning I am sitting in the Hotel Restaurant eating breakfast with my wife and monsters, when these two huge mits come down on my shoulders pressing me securely into my seat and in his booming voice he asks my wife if My Life insurance was paid up!

I burst out laughing, and he flatly said..."you think I am kidding?" Then we all laughed...

Every year he finds my wife and asks her the same question...and every year she makes me buy more life insurance! Funny thing though, I haven't judged his car since...

This year he told me a little about that 350Z-I knew about the accident that took it away right after it happened-thankful for the recovery but didn't know much about the car.

Many of you know Mad Mike heads to Japan Regularly and has been a part of the development of the Z many times-he had some say in the seats in the 350Z to mention one-the 350Z he entered in that show at Cleveland was a true one of a kind, it had been customized and upgraded specifically for him by his friends within Nissan, and he picked it up on a trip over. Mike lobbied for the return of the Z when it was taken out of the USA in 1996,and is one of the few that have actually had a say in what goes and has gone in and around a Z-and he is one of the strongest and most involved Z supporters any of us will ever see. He is one of the few people outside of Nissan that is really a part of Z history and development. Be glad we have such a joker in our midst, His serious side has done more for the Z than anyone never having been employed by Nissan that I can think of. Look at the serious results his tomfoolery got at the auction...He is welcome to target me with any comments at any time.
Will

Last edited by Z32C; 08-08-2010 at 02:56 PM..
Z32C is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote