View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
Honad
Lumpia Lover

Make/Model: 94 TT | 92 Slicktop
Trader Rating: (0)
Garage
Re: Branson Z Fest 2016

This was one of the best Z Fests in recent memory. Even with the hiccups of a new location it ran pretty smoothly and I think everyone had a good time.

The addition of the meet and greet on Wednesday night was a good idea. Got to catch up a bit with people.

Thursday's cruises were pretty fun, though a bit on the wet side. I had a great time with lunch, tour and dyno at ZHookUp.

The Friday Funcross was exactly that, fun. I didn't do it last year, but this year I had a great time. I met some great folks, one of the Ozark club guys even let me flog his car around the course. It was a pretty great time, and I'm not just saying that because I won all the things. :p Unfortunately, the Drag strip event got cancelled completely again this year because of weather.

On Saturday, once the morning rain stopped, the car show was pretty good. Loading in was an understandable shit show because of the changes that needed to be made to accommodate the wet grass and the change in time. The addition of a decent DJ and that pavilion area were fantastic. The cookout food was apparently good (though ran out quickly).

Raffle items were just sort of just okay this year. Not a big showing from our retailers, but I don't blame them as their ROI on this sort of thing is pretty terrible and of course, the last few years attendance and followup have been pretty light. There were a bunch of items from ZSpec, I really liked seeing that.

The trophies were pretty cool. I really enjoyed the Funcross ones, the car show ones were pretty weird, though I feel like a ton of work went into them. They were certainly the most unique trophies I've seen in my 13 years of coming to this event.

Huge showing as always from our local car club, though there were a ton more Ozark Z Club than anyone else. I blame ZHookUp, having them in the area has certainly increased the Z Frequency at BZF and has solidified the reputation in the area of the Z being a pretty badass car.
Heart of America Z Car Club

Honad is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote