Search Rides User CP Z Chat More
Go Back   300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums) > 300ZX Club.com Sponsored Events > ZCON
Register Garage FAQ

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
nismo300zr2
in every clime&place

Make/Model: 1991 rebuilt VG30DEtwinturbo KH2
Trader Rating: (2)
Re: ZCON 2011 Recap! Show, Cars, Hooters Chicks!

has anyone figured out why the 370 plastered with POWDERCOATER ad has such crappy colored wheels????? i mean they look spray painted. are they even PC'd? or are they just always dirty or what? dunno.. just IMO i guess if i was trying to advertise for them those would be the things id want looking best all the time.
nismo300zr2 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
mike@thepowdercoater

Trader Rating: (0)
Re: ZCON 2011 Recap! Show, Cars, Hooters Chicks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo300zr2 View Post
has anyone figured out why the 370 plastered with POWDERCOATER ad has such crappy colored wheels????? i mean they look spray painted. are they even PC'd? or are they just always dirty or what? dunno.. just IMO i guess if i was trying to advertise for them those would be the things id want looking best all the time.
That would be my car and they are indeed powdercoated and powdercoated nicely. Thepowdercoater.com would also be my company.

Some of us are show and some of us are go, and thats cool with me.

The reason they don't look that nice is that aside from Znationals and Zdayz, the car is not driven on the street at all and is track driven only. Those are my rain/street tires, and the wheels have been through several track days. If you think they look bad, you should see my wheels that the slicks are on.

This is what they looked like when they were freshly powdercoated right after buying them and before they saw the track:

and this is how bad the others look now. The front brakes on the 370 really need much better cooling. In this shot, the rears and fronts had been rotated.
mike@thepowdercoater is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote