PDA

View Full Version : Parts Buying At Z Nationals

jschrauwen
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I imagine there'll be quite a few people looking to save on some show specials. I see that Z1 has already posted theirs along with show Give-aways.
I was wondering if there's going to be other businesses and the like selling their wares? Who are they? What will they be selling, prices, etc?

Also, I thought it may be cost effective to replace my front tires while I'm down there. Is there a place near the events location where I could skim off to first thing Saturday morning (or whenever) and get a set installed? Does Z1 offer similar competitive prices and do installs themselves during this event?

russell@z1
02-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I imagine there'll be quite a few people looking to save on some show specials. I see that Z1 has already posted theirs along with show Give-aways.
I was wondering if there's going to be other businesses and the like selling their wares? Who are they? What will they be selling, prices, etc?

Also, I thought it may be cost effective to replace my front tires while I'm down there. Is there a place near the events location where I could skim off to first thing Saturday morning (or whenever) and get a set installed? Does Z1 offer similar competitive prices and do installs themselves during this event?

Yes we have some of the show specials posted HERE (http://znationals.com/special.php) on the Z Nationals website.

There will be considerably more giveaways posted in the next few weeks. We will be giving away nearly $10,000 of products at the Z Nationals.

There will be other event sponors here on site like Garrett, Yokohama, AMS, Nissan, and a few others. All the product sales on Saturday will be across the Z1 parts counter and the special prices will be posted.

We won't be doing any installs or work in our shop the day of the show. We will only be selling parts, dynoing cars, and running the event.

There are a few local places that could install your tires for you Saturday morning. However you would need to pre-order tires and have them sent to whoever would be installing them unless you plan on bringing them down with you in your car.

TnkrsToyCo
02-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Russ, just curious who's coming for Yokohama.?? Chet or maybe Jim. I talked to Chet last year about them needing to be there, besides he owns a 350.

russell@z1
02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Russ, just curious who's coming for Yokohama.?? Chet or maybe Jim. I talked to Chet last year about them needing to be there, besides he owns a 350.

We e-mailed Jim who refered us to Chet. Turns out Chet attended last year in his 350Z. They are planning on coming out and doing some tire tech sessions at the show and hopefully giving away some tires!

malman2100
02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I got some tires put on wheels the first year of Nationals at the local Nissan dealership. They were greay guys, Nissan enthusiasts, and took extra special care of my brand new wheels. I got the impression that I got lucky to get a spot in the garage on a Saturday though. You might want to call ahead.

TnkrsToyCo
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
We e-mailed Jim who refered us to Chet. Turns out Chet attended last year in his 350Z. They are planning on coming out and doing some tire tech sessions at the show and hopefully giving away some tires!
That's super. Tell em to keep their bags packed and come up here in May.

Goes for you too Malcom.^^

Z_spec
02-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm assuming we would need to pay tax onto of the prices if so whats the sales tax?

russell@z1
02-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm assuming we would need to pay tax onto of the prices if so whats the sales tax? Yes unless we ship them it is 7%.

Redline Whiine
02-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Yes unless we ship them it is 7%.

or we could do a tax free under the table deal... :thumbsup:

michaelsevilla
02-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Man I am so going......I already requested off and Im bringing in a few of my female friends to watch me hit up the track!!!Eat your heart out russel :P

southcarolinaZ
02-23-2008, 08:28 AM
i think there should be a big Parts swap meet at the show.. granted its at Z1, still swapping parts/ buying used parts from individuals is a good way to score some hard to find parts/ very needed parts at a good price.
edit: there are so many people, it could be easily done... i alone have many many parts and i only have 1 Z32 in the driveway, but boxes and bins Full of parts

jschrauwen
02-23-2008, 10:39 AM
i think there should be a big Parts swap meet at the show.. granted its at Z1, still swapping parts/ buying used parts from individuals is a good way to score some hard to find parts/ very needed parts at a good price.
edit: there are so many people, it could be easily done... i alone have many many parts and i only have 1 Z32 in the driveway, but boxes and bins Full of parts I think that's a great idea. I wouldn't be surprised that there's number of people that were planning on doing just that anyway. I don't think Z1 would mind if people would set up a personal (little) stand by their car during the show portion.
Perhaps a separate thread reflecting individuals wares for intended sale, AND those wanting certain parts.
New/used parts swap meet has always been a regular fixture at the Annual National Ducati meets that I've attended in Daytona and Grattan
Great idea SCZ!!

TnkrsToyCo
02-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Sales tax is only 7%, jeeeeze it's 9.25% up here.

michaelsevilla
02-23-2008, 12:24 PM
8.75 here

michaelsevilla
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
well Im bringing a passenger front headlight In mint condition sell it for 50 bux and call it a day ...I may also bring some more stuff perhaps a chrome muffler Ive been trying to get rid of for years...:D

TnkrsToyCo
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Micheal, you guys best check that with Russell before just making plans on it.

91300zxttkid
02-23-2008, 03:14 PM
^^ Big second.. and btw its on 5% sales tax here in MD
and 0% Tax in delaware just an hour away =) lol
-George

russell@z1
02-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Micheal, you guys best check that with Russell before just making plans on it.

We will allow it as long as it's just personal spare parts. Anything besides spare parts including buisness or commercials sales will require approval.

ghostinator
02-23-2008, 08:09 PM
We will allow it as long as it's just personal spare parts. Anything besides spare parts including buisness or commercials sales will require approval.

Great! Anyone need some NA injectors? coolant pipes? water pump? thermostat?

I'll have to get some money so i can get a new bumper from Russell

LuckyZ
02-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Will you guys have an abundance of parts for sale this year? Everything I attempted to purchase last year wasn't in stock so I had to settle for some stainless steel brake lines which I still haven't installed.

mclarenf1kid
02-23-2008, 08:34 PM

Curious, are you talking about Chet from Midstate?

russell@z1
02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Will you guys have an abundance of parts for sale this year? Everything I attempted to purchase last year wasn't in stock so I had to settle for some stainless steel brake lines which I still haven't installed.

Yes, our inventory is considerably larger this year. We are investing a lot into stocking large numbers of the products we have listed on special on the Z Nationals website.

TnkrsToyCo
02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
With Yokohama Tire, Stevie. Maybe the same,?, I just know him from Yokohama.

michaelsevilla
02-24-2008, 02:29 AM
naw it really all is personal spare parts... I just wanna get rid of it..to bad z1 doesn't have a barter system where you can trade your working parts for credit wit them

ghostinator
02-24-2008, 01:27 PM
to bad z1 doesn't have a barter system where you can trade your working parts for credit wit them

That would be great

91300zxttkid
02-24-2008, 01:28 PM
haha dude they have like 80+ parts Z's i dont htink they need anymore stock used parts lol
-George

michaelsevilla
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
WELL YOU NEVA KNOW GEORGIE BOY!! lol

southcarolinaZ
02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Awesome.
edit: starting to pack up parts*

Michael 300zx
02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Great