PDA

View Full Version : Caravan via Texas I20

daddy Z
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
A few of us from Texas are going out Friday morning so we can spend all of Saturday @ Z Nationals and then head back thru San Antonio for Zcon.

Anyone coming across I20 or down I35 thru the DFW metroplex is welcome to join us. We can even put a few of you up for the night on Thursday.

PM me

Bobby Jay

TnkrsToyCo
09-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Cool BobbyJ, didn't know you were coming to Nationals. See ya there.

daddy Z
09-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Cool BobbyJ, didn't know you were coming to Nationals. See ya there.

neither did I until today. I wasn't aware how inexpensive it was. I talked to David, Jordan, and Jamall ... and bam ... all were in.

russell@z1
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
neither did I until today. I wasn't aware how inexpensive it was. I talked to David, Jordan, and Jamall ... and bam ... all were in.

Excellent! Hopefully some of the guys in LA, MS, and even from the Birmingham area can meet up along the way in.

daxnizmo
09-06-2009, 11:32 PM
If my funds weren't so tapped from my motor chronicles I'd join up with you guys. I was hoping a group was coming thru I20. Ya know, if you guys get hungry we have a Hooters :) What time do you think yall leave out? It's 4 hours from Dallas to West Monroe so if you guys stop for lunch let me know!!!!

sumguyfromtx86
09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
If my funds weren't so tapped from my motor chronicles I'd join up with you guys. I was hoping a group was coming thru I20. Ya know, if you guys get hungry we have a Hooters :) What time do you think yall leave out? It's 4 hours from Dallas to West Monroe so if you guys stop for lunch let me know!!!!

We just might take you up on that offer depending on what our itinerary is for fridays drive

daxnizmo
09-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Great! I know it's 5 hours to Birmingham from here so West Monore is a pretty good rest area. Just PM me when you guys have it all worked out.

daddy Z
09-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Great! I know it's 5 hours to Birmingham from here so West Monore is a pretty good rest area. Just PM me when you guys have it all worked out.

I just sold my 96TT to a guy in Birmingham and wanted to hook up with him on Friday. He and his dad are going to put both their Zs in the car show and do the drags. I am thinking they would leave sometime Friday or early Saturday. We will let you know what are schedule is like next week.

daxnizmo
09-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Sounds good. Will you be driving the GT-R?

daddy Z
09-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Sounds good. Will you be driving the GT-R?

We are going to tow the 95 SMZ this time around. If I can find a two car hauler I might pull both ? It looks like 4 of us will be in the SUV for a fast road trip prior to ZCON. We are going to leave some time Friday and then head back Sunday.

TnkrsToyCo
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
So the SMZ is back on her feet.?

daxnizmo
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok, just let me know what time and if you guys will have time for a pit stop here for fooood. LOL, this may be my only taste of the Nats I'll get!

daddy Z
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
So the SMZ is back on her feet.?

thanks to David it is looking and running good. He is the best assest we have in the Metroplex.

TnkrsToyCo
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah David is a good guy.

daddy Z
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Ok, just let me know what time and if you guys will have time for a pit stop here for fooood. LOL, this may be my only taste of the Nats I'll get!

We are still up in the air as far as departure time. I want to leave early Friday morning to meet up with the group coming back from track day. Others want to leave Thursday night to beable to watch the track event. I will post up our final plans as soon as they are final :wall:

daddy Z
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM
OK ........ it looks like this .... Friday schedule (tentative)

6:00 am Caravan leaves Arlington, Texas via I-20
7:00 am stop in Terrell to pick up any Dallas folks
10:30 am stop in Monroe LA for a pit stop to say hi to daxnizmo
3:00 pm stop Birmingham Al to see my old 96TTs new home
4:00 pm arrive at track to see end of event
5:00 pm Z Nationals Track day event ends
5:30 pm ride from TGP raceway to dinner in Oxford Al
6:00 pm Dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
7:00 pm ride back to Hampton Inn Bremen, GA

Caravan will head back to Texas Sunday morning around 9 am, we will be following the drag event caravan on I-20 until they turn off.

michaelsevilla
09-14-2009, 01:14 AM
damn I may be going to znats...But I wont be able to stay long, I'll just go to support these boys.

daddy Z
09-14-2009, 01:41 AM
damn I may be going to znats...But I wont be able to stay long, I'll just go to support these boys.

come on!

you know that they are planning a caravan going from znats to zcon via your house that Sunday. They plan to spend the evening in NO.

daxnizmo
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
OK ........ it looks like this .... Friday schedule (tentative)

6:00 am Caravan leaves Arlington, Texas via I-20
7:00 am stop in Terrell to pick up any Dallas folks
10:30 am stop in Monroe LA for a pit stop to say hi to daxnizmo
3:00 pm stop Birmingham Al to see my old 96TTs new home
4:00 pm arrive at track to see end of event
5:00 pm Z Nationals Track day event ends
5:30 pm ride from TGP raceway to dinner in Oxford Al
6:00 pm Dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
7:00 pm ride back to Hampton Inn Bremen, GA

Caravan will head back to Texas Sunday morning around 9 am, we will be following the drag event caravan on I-20 until they turn off.

Hellz yeh, I made the schedule!! I'll PM you my # so when you guys get in town we can meet up. I assume this will be lunch for you guys? We have PLENTY of places to grab some lunch at but Hooter's is the place we all meet up at usually (best parking). Just let me know and I'll see ya then!

michaelsevilla
09-15-2009, 06:56 AM
come on!

you know that they are planning a caravan going from znats to zcon via your house that Sunday. They plan to spend the evening in NO.

Good than I can give them the guided tour, maybe now we'll have a shitload of Zs here that can whoop a bunch of these slow pos around here.

daxnizmo
09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Good than I can give them the guided tour, maybe now we'll have a shitload of Zs here that can whoop a bunch of these slow pos around here.

Take'em to Scores on Bourbon and buy them all a round of Patron. ;)

daddy Z
09-23-2009, 05:38 PM

We may have to re-route just to get the guided tour :)