PDA

View Full Version : Swap meet?

Outkast
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Are you guys going to allow members to sell some stuff too? I have some heads (bent valves) and a 91TTZ upper/lower plentum in my garage I would like to sell. And since shipping scares many off I wanted to bring them with me to sell. I have a couple other parts to get rid of too so I just wanted to ask.

orangebyke
09-13-2009, 12:23 PM
i dont see this being a bad idea.

94ttz32
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it if you do it at the hotel.

orangebyke
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
i do see the conflict of interest here since the host of the event does sell used parts. i guess the best route is to let russell give his input to the issue and respect it either way.

daddy Z
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM
i do see the conflict of interest here since the host of the event does sell used parts. i guess the best route is to let russell give his input to the issue and respect it either way.

That would be great if he gave the Ok. After owning five Z32s I have a lot of left over parts.

bryan@Z1
09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
We really don't have anywhere to set up a designated area for it and once parking starts to get tight during the show it would be tough to have your parts laid out and on display. Anything you can bring and sell you are welcome to do so, but as far as having an organized display area we just don't have a location for it.

I would recommend posting a for sale ad for the items and listing them as available for pickup at Z Nationals.

daddy Z
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
We really don't have anywhere to set up a designated area for it and once parking starts to get tight during the show it would be tough to have your parts laid out and on display.

How about just doing something in the Hotel parking lot ?
Just let it be know if you have any Z items you want to swap, show up with them in the parking lot Saturday (time to be determined) ?

1badazz
09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
So will z1 be selling product other than the znat specials or will it be limited to those products only

Dustin@Z1
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
So will z1 be selling product other than the znat specials or will it be limited to those products only

No, we will have the entire Parts Department open at the day of the show. The same rules will apply to certain used parts that are not in inventory, but all instock used, new oem and performance items will be available. The items on the sale list are the *event specials* and have a special price just for this event.

We are considering the possibility of have a Z Nationals "Yard Sale" of some of the various used performance parts that we have accumulated over the years. We have dozens of good, used 4 bolt and 5 bolt down pipes, NA headers for both Z32 and Z33 and many more parts.

I will try to get exact part quantities and prices. If we do opt to do this, parts will be sold as is and without warranty. They will be sold simply as a used item. Think of your average "yard sale".

bryan@Z1
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
How about just doing something in the Hotel parking lot ?
Just let it be know if you have any Z items you want to swap, show up with them in the parking lot Saturday (time to be determined) ?

That would have to be arranged with the hotel, not with Z1 or Z Nationals, since it is their property. Our focus on Saturday will be the Z Nationals event which will keep our staff occupied all day.

Outkast
09-15-2009, 10:07 PM
We really don't have anywhere to set up a designated area for it and once parking starts to get tight during the show it would be tough to have your parts laid out and on display. Anything you can bring and sell you are welcome to do so, but as far as having an organized display area we just don't have a location for it.

I would recommend posting a for sale ad for the items and listing them as available for pickup at Z Nationals.

Cool I'll do just that.

orangebyke
09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
If we do opt to do this, parts will be sold as is and without warranty. They will be sold simply as a used item. Think of your average "yard sale".

will these parts have average yard sale prices:burnout:

Dustin@Z1
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I m still getting prices together..once I get everything finalized on my end I will post prices. And yes...they will be along the lines of "yard sale" prices.

Outkast
09-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I m still getting prices together..once I get everything finalized on my end I will post prices. And yes...they will be along the lines of "yard sale" prices.

So I can give you a nickel for some downpipes!?!? Hot Damn luck day :waveby:

TnkrsToyCo
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Dustin, you better have me a set of 5-bolt dp/turbo gaskets waiting. They are going to London after the meet.

94ttz32
09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
im bringing some jdm turbos for sale at hotel only 200 cash and carry!

Outkast
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
The rain has made it imposible to get PIX up of what I have but I'll be bringing a set of TT heads with cams for $200, An upper and lower intake for a 91TT for $100, and intercooler piping minus intercoolers for $350.

If you want them call me (615-294-1293) tonight and claim dibs and I'll meet up with you at the show.

Barry(TN)
09-25-2009, 07:06 PM
I am bringing a set of JDM headlamps to the show. Halogen, not xenon.

Trying to offset my purchases from the Z1 parts dept.:)

bradturpin13
09-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I have a complete pearl white hatch from a 95 coupe cheap.. $175 OBO
call me while at the show...859-797-7629 Brad