PDA

View Full Version : weather warnings

Outkast
09-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Just a warning for you out of towners, We have been have severe storms for the past 2 weeks in the mid south with severe flooding. So be extremely careful on you're drive down at the end of the week cause where going to have another round hitting on Thursday and Friday and Maybe Saturday in our region. So just don't get over comfident with your speed and watch for flooded areas. I'll be bringing my Tahoe so I hope I won't need to pull anyone out of a ditch or worse on my way down.

bradturpin13
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Damn,...it rains every year.....

jschrauwen
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
I thought the Nationals was moved to this time of year because it wasn't supposed to be the "rainy season" like it is in early Spring. What gives??
Anyway, thanks for the heads up James.
+2 weeks of glorious sunshine and warm temps here. :-p

Brad, you headed down too?
We'll be crossing the Ohio/Kentucky border very first thing Thursday morning heading down I75.

funkysi
09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Really hope the weather is good. :(

Outkast
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I thought the Nationals was moved to this time of year because it wasn't supposed to be the "rainy season" like it is in early Spring. What gives??

We'll be crossing the Ohio/Kentucky border very first thing Thursday morning heading down I75.

Usually is but I guess the lack of hurracaines in the gulf, the weather had to dump somewhere and it chose the mid south this year. Last year it was up north and I bet those guys are glad to someone other then them getting it.

Got up to go to work this morning, and it rained all day yesterday and last night. Went to go to my truck to leave, it was still raining and I had 4 inches of water for a front and back yard. The news said we got 8" yesterday alone. and we where suppose to get 6" to 8" today again.

orangebyke
09-21-2009, 03:02 PM
ive quit working on my z and started an arc

awesomekasim
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
weather wont be good. its been raining for over a week straight and its supposed to continue for another week. Be careful driving down here because little puddles taht look small can easily sink our cars

Twisted Six
09-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I guess its good that I'm not bringing my vert..... :rolleyes:

AYUready?
09-21-2009, 05:31 PM
weather wont be good. its been raining for over a week straight and its supposed to continue for another week. Be careful driving down here because little puddles taht look small can easily sink our cars

How are things where you live? I know there are alot of rivers and streets flooded in Lawrenceville. Sugar Loaf parkway is supposed to look like a river now. Anybody passing through Georgia be as careful as you can be. It's supposed to rain for another 10 days I believe.

awesomekasim
09-21-2009, 05:45 PM
How are things where you live? I know there are alot of rivers and streets flooded in Lawrenceville. Sugar Loaf parkway is supposed to look like a river now. Anybody passing through Georgia be as careful as you can be. It's supposed to rain for another 10 days I believe.

I live at school in Marietta now and it has been raining really hard and traffic just sucks mostly. Parts of sugarloaf are flooded and lots of small roads here and there. There is a creek behind my house so i hope it doesnt get too bad

TnkrsToyCo
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I guess its good that I'm not bringing my vert..... :rolleyes:

Me too. I'm bringing the 350

John@Z1
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
The weather sucked in Carrollton and Douglasville last night. Alot of homes were lost including one of our guys. There's is a lot of families in GA that are hit hard. But they say the weather will be better friday, lets hope for the best and keep these people in our thoughts.

dirt114
09-21-2009, 07:05 PM
shit no lost houses in ohio but were still getting shit weather as well. its supposed to rain all week and was on and off all day. i woke myself up with some sliding around on the way to work this morning :D

funkysi
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I keep checking the weather over here and it says now that only 30% chance of showers. So, should be ok. Hopefully some sunny spells.

We've had 2 weeks of no rainfall here and it's set to be like that for the new week! This is the UK! You guys should be having that! LOL

TnkrsToyCo
09-21-2009, 08:00 PM
It's pissing rain here now.

Armitage
09-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Jon, that sucks. :(

If this weather continues, is there any chance this event will be canceled? I know we're getting on zero hour and I don't think its an option, but I hope things get better. The weather has been nice up in my area and hopefully it'll follow down with me.

funkysi
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Don't say that! I'm flying over from the UK for this! LOL

Weather is set to improve by Wednesday.

turbodsm866
09-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Damn...I was hoping to make the trip on my Nitto NT01's..

Looks like i might have to get new rear tires

99specZ32
09-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm out anyways :thumbsdow I guess I'll just stay up in Canada and see how the weather is here....

WickedKlowns
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Weather channel as of now,,, lets hope it changes just a little

Fri
Sept 25
Isolated T-Storms
81°
30% chance of rain

Sat
Sept 26
Scattered T-Storms
79°
40% chance of rain

And as most of Us southern boys know,, this should hopefully mean it will only rain for just a short bit,, just enough to squirt the dirt,, then go away... Lets hope this is the case on this one.. Not really looking forward to riding around with the tops in tact.

AYUready?
09-22-2009, 12:03 AM
The weather sucked in Carrollton and Douglasville last night. Alot of homes were lost including one of our guys. There's is a lot of families in GA that are hit hard. But they say the weather will be better friday, lets hope for the best and keep these people in our thoughts.

6 people are confirmed dead from the flooding in GA and shelters are now open for victims.

Gwinnett County schools (biggest county in the district) are also closed tomorrow as well as 5 other counties.

Anyone driving through GA, try to avoid back roads. Those are the worst right now. Definitely check the road conditions and weather before you leave.

Updates on what's happening with the rain and flood mess right now in GA:
wsbtv.com

jschrauwen
09-22-2009, 12:10 AM
We've had 2 weeks of no rainfall here and it's set to be like that for the new week! This is the UK! You guys should be having that! LOLSame here.
Si, are you familiar with Newfy Screetch?

I'm out anyways :thumbsdow I guess I'll just stay up in Canada and see how the weather is here....Pussy...j/k

99specZ32
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Same here.
Si, are you familiar with Newfy Screetch?

Pussy...j/k

there's no room for me in the car now...

funkysi
09-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Forecast is continuing to look more favourable. 30% chance of T-storms on Friday and Isolated T-storms Saturday. Hopefully it'll be fine for most of the day.

orangebyke
09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
look its just a little water. put a coat of wax on the car, give the girls white shirts and have a good time. nobody in this group is going to melt from a litle rain.

1badazz
09-22-2009, 08:19 AM
ill make sure my wife wears a thin t-shirt with no bra. With her new titties the high beams stay on anyway. yall can look bont dont stare for more than five minutes ata a time

orangebyke
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
ill make sure my wife wears a thin t-shirt with no bra. With her new titties the high beams stay on anyway. yall can look bont dont stare for more than five minutes ata a time

why, will we turn to stone..........

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah Atlanta looks more like Atlantis this morning.

1badazz
09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
why, will we turn to stone..........

your peter might

Outkast
09-22-2009, 10:18 AM
6 people are confirmed dead from the flooding in GA and shelters are now open for victims.

Gwinnett County schools (biggest county in the district) are also closed tomorrow as well as 5 other counties.

Anyone driving through GA, try to avoid back roads. Those are the worst right now. Definitely check the road conditions and weather before you leave.

Updates on what's happening with the rain and flood mess right now in GA:
wsbtv.com

We had a dumb ass teen bet his friends he could swipp a storm drain and got swept into the underground colvert. They're still looking for his body. and another younger kid got swept trying to cross a road that was flowing good.

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Saw that on the news this morning, a $5 bet.

Servoc
09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone driving on I-20 between Birmingham and Anniston needs to pay particular attention to the concrete sections of the interstate. Water often puddles in the worn areas of the concrete.

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Got caught in a flood in the 240sx out in New Mexico years back, had to ride the high ridges on the road to stay out of the water. It was like asphalt surfing.

bradturpin13
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Yeah, I'll be there. Leaving Thursday round noon...gonna trailer the Z. we'll be in a Maroon Dodge Diesel. I'll look for your convoy. and may do a drive by at the Hampton that night... but I'll see you a TGP Friday for sure.

John, you should make Kevin ride in your back seat!!!! all that talk of those long nights for you......?/?? :owned:

Perrysan greyZ32NA
09-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I've already been rained out of Z nationals :(. I originally requested off for Saturday so I could go to the show, but business has been so slow the last two weekends because of the rain I can't go. Lanier literally went up a foot over the weekend, unbelievable. I am positive we haven't seen this much rain in 20 years. Sucks that it had to happen around Z Nats time. F being a retail manager. Anyway to everyone going, have an awesome time and don't forget to pack a life raft.

jschrauwen
09-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Watching the weather channel and they said Georgia declared a state of emergency with 17 counties flooded.
I wonder if they're considering cancelling Z Nationals?

funkysi
09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Watching the weather channel and they said Georgia declared a state of emergency with 17 counties flooded.
I wonder if they're considering cancelling Z Nationals?

Don't tempt fate!

funkysi
09-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I just called Bryan, that's never gonna happen John! :D

CullPearlYellowTT
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Z1 just updated there site and said that it's still on and to be careful and check the georgia travel website for flooding and conditions. With this weather I'm not going to chance it and staying home. Sorry FunkySi i wanted to meet you and several others that I've known on here but it looks like to me in order to be safe and not get stuck in georgia im going to stay up here in knoxville.

funkysi
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Dude, make a decision nearer the time. Saturday (the day you want to come down) is 3+ days away. I bet if it stops raining, which it appears to have done, then there won't be much in the way of flood water left by then. :)

jschrauwen
09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
As of this afternoon, the flood water levels are receding.
Good news.
Positive thinking!!

funkysi
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
It's all gonna be ok. I spoke to a girl in Atlanta just now and she said it's sunny now.

Perrysan greyZ32NA
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I've already been rained out of Z nationals :(. I originally requested off for Saturday so I could go to the show, but business has been so slow the last two weekends because of the rain I can't go. Lanier literally went up a foot over the weekend, unbelievable. I am positive we haven't seen this much rain in 20 years. Sucks that it had to happen around Z Nats time. F being a retail manager. Anyway to everyone going, have an awesome time and don't forget to pack a life raft.

I just don't told my boss to F off and that I was going to Z nationals. Someone in the Gwinnett area let me know if there is an open seat, my car is under the knife.

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Simon they are showing I-20 flooded till tomorrow from the 44-49. They should be clear by Thursday.

funkysi
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Really? Damn! Erm....yeah, should pass. The rainfall will be a hell of a lot less. Hope it's passable Thursday night.

orangebyke
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
its alot nicer here right now. atlanta usually gets tomorrow what we get today so be positive.

MadFairlady
09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I hate hear that best of luck to you guys.

DracoZX
09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
My girls sister lives near powder springs Ga. and said they were going out shopping today, so it must not be too bad in all areas. Do we have any witches or warlocks in the club?...cast a spell of no rain dammit.lol I am part cherokee indian, we can only bring the rain,lol. I promise not to do any dancing till after the nats.

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Well I could call my X wife, I swear she's a witch.

jschrauwen
09-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I am part cherokee indian, we can only bring the rain,lol. I promise not to do any dancing till after the nats.Dance backwards.

dirt114
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
^silly canadian

TnkrsToyCo
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Dance backwards.

Is that like the Moon walk?

Andy
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Guys all is going to be ok. It was beautiful here today after 12:00 noon. The water will be way gone before Thrusday. Cheer UP!!!!!!!!!!!

funkysi
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm happy as a pig in shit! Can't wait to get back over the Atlantic!

awesomekasim
09-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I just don't told my boss to F off and that I was going to Z nationals. Someone in the Gwinnett area let me know if there is an open seat, my car is under the knife.

Where in gwinnett do you live? I might have someone that can give you a ride. Do you have another car?

Weather here is good now. All rivers and creeks are still flooded but they are receding now. It will be a good show

rheltney
09-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I hate hear that best of luck to you guys.

Are you not taking Knoxville's #1 award winning Z? Going down on Friday morning to meet some Nashville people and heading on down, join us.

Andy
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Z1 just updated there site and said that it's still on and to be careful and check the georgia travel website for flooding and conditions. With this weather I'm not going to chance it and staying home. Sorry FunkySi i wanted to meet you and several others that I've known on here but it looks like to me in order to be safe and not get stuck in georgia im going to stay up here in knoxville.

Should be mandatory for the Mods to show up David. LOL

rheltney
09-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Should be mandatory for the Mods to show up David. LOL

What Andy said....leaving K-town early on Friday....join us.

Andy
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
What Andy said....leaving K-town early on Friday....join us.

Got my back?
LOL

WickedKlowns
09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Well I could call my X wife, I swear she's a witch.

Well Hell,, I must have married her damn sister on the first go round.... Damn the bad luck..

bradturpin13
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Damn...it's just rain guys.....it rains every year....it will be okay.

Outkast
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM

Just drive to my house in Chattanooga and ride with me in the Tahoe Saturday.

jschrauwen
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, day one of the road trip is in the books.
No less than 6 cloudbursts enroute. Nothing major though.
I hope it doesn't rain while I wash my car in Carrollton - how dumb does that sound?

gimmedaboost
09-23-2009, 11:18 PM
A little rain won't scare me off :D Can't wait to see you guys there!

NissanguyZ
09-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Here is our local drag strip in chattanooga as of yesterday. Waters dropped alot over night. It was nice seeing the sun out today.

http://streetcarforums.com/attachment.php?attachment id=113882&stc=1&d=1253714992

rheltney
09-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Is that the dragstrip near East Ridge?

gimmedaboost
09-24-2009, 12:25 AM
It sure was nice seeing the sun out George, you're right about that.. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the strip near East Ridge.

Armitage
09-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Holy shit, that's crazy. :(

jschrauwen
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Hope to see your new ride Nick.

gimmedaboost
09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Hope to see your new ride Nick.

Well, it's not going this year. Now I don't even know If I'm going..

Outkast
09-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Get a ride over to east Ridge and you can ride with me in the Tahoe. I could use the company.

gimmedaboost
09-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Eh, I don't know, I'm going to keep watching the weather report.. I'm sure you'd love a 16 y/o with ya in the car.. :P

daxnizmo
09-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Here is our local drag strip in chattanooga as of yesterday. Waters dropped alot over night. It was nice seeing the sun out today.

http://streetcarforums.com/attachment.php?attachment id=113882&stc=1&d=1253714992

WTF do you guys race! Submarines?!?! ;)

orangebyke
09-25-2009, 11:09 PM
WTF do you guys race! Submarines?!?! ;)

paddle boats:booty:

Outkast
09-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Well your choice, if you wanna go call me (615-294-1293) before 7a.m. We'll have a canapy and you don't have to spend any money either except at Z1.

rheltney
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Eh, I don't know, I'm going to keep watching the weather report.. I'm sure you'd love a 16 y/o with ya in the car.. :P

You need to ride with James...it will be a great event.

gimmedaboost
09-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Well, have fun guys...

dat280z
09-26-2009, 11:17 AM
ok guys, I'm going to give everyone else a chance to win 1st place this year (70-79). I will not be attending the wetfest. I am sad about it too.